Laundry Shops can be seen like mushrooms popping in and out of the metropolis. If you take a look closer, these laundry shops are mostly full of laundry either packed in plastics ready for pick-up, sorted in baskets ready for washing, or inside the machine spinning.
A laundry business is one of the simplest business that you can think of since it doesn’t require a lot of skill to operate and manage. A simple individual can be one of your staff and anyone can manage this business because it is not too complicated.
Here are the simple steps that you can follow in order for you to start your own laundry business:
- It is important that you already have a business name in mind so that you can already start. At the very least, reserve your name online or personally in DTI (for sole proprietorship) or SEC (for partnership and corporations). This will give you a kick start in order for you to act. Once you have your business name, you will surely feel more excited and raring to go! This is very important specially to those first timers in the business industry. In most cases, the hardest thing to do is to take the first step. So this is the first baby step for you. :)
- Simultaneous to your business name registration, you should also be looking for a location of your laundry. A good location is accessible and in good proximity to your target market. Make it clear to the lessor the terms and conditions in renting their space including, but not limited to the rules for site construction, turn-over, penalties and withholding taxes. You will be needing your Lease Contract in the succeeding business permit registrations.
- There are a lot of institutions offering laundry seminars nowadays. Attending such will cost you just a few bucks, so if you are really serious in plunging into business and you want to know from the experts, this is a must. Laundry Seminars costs about P2,000-P4,000 depending on the experience you will get. Some laundry seminars are all theoretical and there are some that can offer you a hands-on experience. My advise, choose wisely. ;)
- By dressing-up means completing everything you need in and out of your store. You will basically need the machines (washer and dryer) and its fixtures, cabinets, tables, and counter. You will also need to do the painting job, electric connections, drainage and exhaust, and also the signage in and out of your laundry shop.
- Take note that you can either choose to do it your own, buy a laundry franchise, or contact a laundry consultancy company that can help you with the overall construction for just a minimal fee. Good laundry consultancy companies can provide everything you need at a reasonable price. Beware of those who offer consultancy at a very low price as the quality of workmanship might suffer and your machines might get easily damaged and eventually cost you more in the long run.
- For a start, you will need at least 2 staff for your business to get it going. People who are jobless and those who are willing to be a household helper are the qualified staff for your laundry shop.
- It is important that you as the owner knows the ins and outs of the operation. You can train alongside with your staff so that if any problems arise concerning your staff, you can always be there to the rescue! :)
- Good Laundry Consultancy and Training Companies usually include training of your staff in their package so if I were you, I will opt for these good deals. There are also a few laundry seminars that give Hands-on exercises to their attendees so that you will through practice and not just in theory.
- You can do this immediately after you have completed step 1 and 2. Once you have your business name and lease contract, you can start processing your Barangay Permit. Next is to process your Mayor’s Permit, then your BIR Registration. Employee benefits is also a must in the Philippine business setting nowadays so registration in SSS and Pag-IBIG is also mandatory.